The Plaza de Toros de La Maestranza is situated in the district of Arenal and not by chance, it is because it was once the convent of populism, which was later jail and now the food market of Arenal where there was a rectangular plaza Wood which ended up being changed by the current.
A first project for the Plaza de Toros de Sevilla during which the architects Pedro de San Martin and Francisco Sánchez Aragón was made. Report the Puerta del Principe, where they exit the bullfighters shoulders, has a gate from the XVIII century convent of The Dominicans. But would Vicente de San Martín and his son the real drivers of the works in 1761. The works took 120 years, prompting the square was included in a block or block of flats, as this set today.
In this story another is the oval shape of the ring, which is not by any logical reason is included. Unfinished works knows that already had shows in 1762 a party of twenty bulls known. It was at this time, XVIII century, where the real Seville bullfighting school which together with the almond, set the tone in terms of bullfighting is concerned by that time began.